On-campus transportation is available to qualifying students with temporary or permanent disabilities who register with the Disability Programs and Resource Center. Shuttle service is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. During the Winter and Summer sessions, and Spring and Thanksgiving breaks, transportation is available 8:30am - 12pm, 1pm - 4:30pm, and by arrangement, between 12pm and 1pm. Same day shuttle transportation can be requested by calling the DPRC at 415-338-2472.
Shuttle service may be reserved ahead of time through the DPRC office; drivers cannot schedule rides during pick-ups. Priority is given to regularly scheduled rides over call-in requests, and to students going between classes. All requests will be handled as promptly as possible. A slight delay may occur in picking up riders who are not on the regular schedule.
Early morning and evening transportation
Transportation before 8:30am may be provided by the SF State Shuttle buses or by calling the University Police Department (UPD) at 415-338-7200. The shuttle bus loop operates on a regular schedule but passengers may also request a drop off at any of the stops listed by informing the driver at the Daly City BART station or by calling 415-338-1441 during the Fall and Spring semesters, Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. A schedule and list of stops is available at http://parking.sfsu.edu/transit/shuttle-service.
Evening rides can be scheduled in advance through the Parking and Transportation Office’s C.A.R.E. Program at http://parking.sfsu.edu/care-escort-program or by calling 415-338-1441, Monday - Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. After 4:30pm, same-day requests can be made directly through the University Police Department. To request a ride during the evening, call 415-338-7200, then press -0-. Escorts can walk you off campus within a one block radius. Requests are dispatched in the order that they are received and may be subject to delays depending on volume.
IMPORTANT! Please read carefully!
- It is important to be at the pick-up point, outside of your building, at the designated time. Drivers can only wait up to 3 minutes beyond the requested time and are not able to assist riders to their classroom or wait while errands are being done. Contact a DPRC Specialist if you need additional accommodations.
- Only personal attendants may accompany shuttle users on their rides.
- Contact DPRC to cancel any rides you do not need, either permanently or for the day, so that your timeslot can be available to other riders.
- Three (3) "no shows" without prior notice may result in future rides being cancelled.
- If you have difficulty with any aspect of your shuttle service, contact DPRC.