Off Campus Assessment Referrals for Learning Disabilities

Any licensed clinical psychologist, educational psychologist, school psychologist or neuropsychologist who has experience with an adult population; or a learning disabilities specialist employed in a college or university can administer an assessment for learning disabilities. Evaluations of a learning disability should follow the SF State/CSU documentation guidelines. Please share the enclosed guidelines with your clinician before being assessed.

Learning Disabilities Assessment Referrals

The following list of Bay Area professionals can assess learning disabilities

  • Helen Chen, Psy.D., 1 Shrader Street, Suite 550 SF, Ca, 94117, 415-779-2089
  • Corinne Gustafson, M.Ed., BCET, 1221 Marin Avenue, Berkeley/Albany, CA 94706, 510-524-6455 or 510-233-4042
  • Jennifer Kirkland, Ph.D., 1057 Solano Avenue, Ste. 102, Albany, CA 94706, 510-525-6608
  • Stacy Nelson, Ph.D., 250 Bel Marin Keys Blvd., Ste. D-5, Novato, CA 94949, 415-257-0702 or 415-999-9687,
  • Alan Siegel, Ph.D., 2607 Alcatraz Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705, 510-652-4185,
  • Allison Waterworth, Psy. D., 2409A Sacramento St., SF, CA 94115, 415-577-4750,
  • Julie Wolfert, Psy.D., 2409 Sacramento Street, 2nd Floor, SF, CA 94115, 415-308-9631,

The following contacts offer reduced or sliding scale fees

  • Wright Institute Assessment Service, 1918 University Ave., Suite 3D, Berkeley, CA 94704,  510-239-2014 (sliding scale)
  • Argosy University Assessment Clinic, 1005 Atlantic Avenue, Alameda, CA 94510, 510-217-4876 ($100 - $500 Sliding scale fee)