The Disability Programs & Resource Center (DPRC) works in collaboration with University Housing Program to provide reasonable accommodations within our residential facilities for students with disabilities. Applying for University Housing and requesting a housing accommodation through DPRC are two related but separate activities. Students who do not complete the application and License Agreement in the suggested time frames are not guaranteed a housing accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for University Housing are processed by DPRC in the order received.
Steps for New Students
- Apply for SF State Student Housing Program. DPRC encourages applying on the first date the application opens.
- Application opening and closing dates for the 2022-2023 academic year can be found on the Student Housing Application Process Webpage
- Complete the DPRC registration process
- Complete and submit a DPRC Housing Accommodation Request Form
- Obtain disability documentation
- Schedule an Initial appointment to meet with DPRC specialist at (415) 338-2472 to discuss your accommodation request. Accommodation requests are processed in the order they are received and are approved pending availability of space in Student Housing. We encourage early requests, on or before April 15, 2022.
Steps for Returning Students
- Apply for housing during the application periods listed on the Student Housing Application Process webpage. DPRC encourages applying on the first date the application opens.
- Residents will be able to complete the License Agreement and make a payment at anytime during this period. You may re-apply for the SF State Housing Program at the Housing website.
- Approved reasonable accommodations are based on disability for Housing and are valid for one academic year. You may request reasonable accommodations based on disability for University Housing each year.
- Accommodation requests are processed in the order they are received and are approved pending availability of space in Student Housing. We encourage early requests, on or before April 15, 2022.
- DPRC Housing Coordinator will notify you and the Student Housing Program if your accommodation can be supported, however, your actual placement is dependent on space availability and where you are on the housing waitlist.
Examples of Housing Accommodations
- ADA accessible room (e.g., wheelchair/scooter access)
- Room equipped with a visual fire alert
- Single bedroom (in shared apartment)
- Access to kitchen/meal plan waiver
- Emotional support animal
- Ground floor room
Note to New and Returning Students
Please complete the above steps, and if you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact DPRC at (415) 338-2472 or send us an email.