The Disability Programs & Resource Center (DPRC) works in collaboration with University Housing Program to provide reasonable accommodations within our residential facilities for students with disabilities. Applying for University Housing and requesting a housing accommodation through DPRC are two related but separate activities. Students who do not complete the application and License Agreement in the suggested time frames are not guaranteed a housing accommodation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for University Housing are processed by DPRC in the order received.
Steps for New Students
- Apply for SF State Student Housing Program at http://housing.sfsu.edu/
- Application opening and closing dates for the 2020-2021 academic year can be found on the Student Housing Application Process Webpage.
- Complete the DPRC registration process
- Obtain disability documentation
- Schedule an Initial appointment to meet with DPRC specialist at (415) 338-2472 to discuss your accommodation request. Priority review will be provided to students who contact the DPRC Housing Coordinator by April 20, 2020.
Steps for Returning Students
- Apply for housing during the application periods listed on the Student Housing Application Process webpage.
- Residents will be able to complete the License Agreement and make a payment at anytime during this period. You may re-apply for the SF State Housing Program at the Housing website.
- Approved reasonable accommodations are based on disability for Housing and are valid for one academic year. You may request reasonable accommodations based on disability for University Housing each year.
- Priority review will be provided to students who contact the DPRC Housing Coordinator by April 20, 2020.
- DPRC Housing Coordinator will notify you and the Student Housing Program if your accommodation can be supported, however, your actual placement is dependent on space availability and where you are on the housing waitlist.
Examples of Housing Accommodations
- ADA accessible room (e.g., wheelchair/scooter access) with access to private bath
- Room equipped with a visual fire alert
- Single bedroom
- Emotional support animal
- Ground floor room
Note to New and Returning Students
Please complete the above steps, and if you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact DPRC at (415) 338-2472 or send us an email.