- Go to the DPRC’s website and select “Faculty/Staff Resources” from the navigation menu and choose “myDPRC Faculty Portal”.
- Alternatively, you can select “myDPRC Faculty Portal”, a listed item in the “Faculty/Staff Resources” dropdown menu.
- Sign-in using your SF State credentials.
- Please review the reminder regarding FERPA and student confidentiality and click the "Continue to View Student Accommodations" button.
This will be your Faculty Portal homepage where you can view a summary list of students in your classes who have requested reasonable accommodations. Students who have not yet requested their accommodations through myDPRC will not show up until they do so. To read an individual Faculty Notification, select "View" next to the student name on the accompanying line.
Search Students’ Eligibilities
- If you have several students, you can always search for a specific accommodation by selecting Search Students’ Eligibilities.
- Expand the Advanced Search Panel. Select a specific accommodation and then select “Search”.
- Doing so will pull up a list of students and their emails.
- Selecting one of these will provide more information regarding students who have requested these accommodations.
Alternative formats displays a list of texts that the DPRC is converting to an alternative format for the student. Alternative formats, like Braille, text selectable PDFs and/or structured Word documents.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Under Deaf and Hard of Hearing, you will see the names of real-time captioners and Sign Language interpreters assigned to work in your class. You can also submit Video Captioning Requests on this page.
This section will allow you to manage the Exam Accommodations process. Please see instructions below.
How to submit the Testing Agreement
- Log in to your Faculty Portal and navigate to the “Alternative Testing” link on the left.
- If your class does not have exams or you would to provide the accommodations yourself, under “Proctoring Your Own Exams” select the class and the appropriate “Type” to designate as such. Your students will be notified accordingly.
- Please note, if you choose to provide the exam accommodations yourself, we ask that you contact the Exam Accommodations Coordinator to consult on how to ensure all accommodations can be provided for your students.
- If you would like the DPRC to administer exam accommodation accommodations for your courses, under “Specify DPRC Testing Agreement” select which course you would like to submit the Agreement for and select “Continue to specify DPRC Testing Agreement.”
- Review the policies outlined at the top and then scroll down to begin entering testing information.
- This agreement will automatically be used for every student in that particular course who requests exams through myDPRC.
- Continue to fill out the requested information, including any materials allowed on each exam. If textbooks and/or notes are allowed, please use the text box to specify what books are permitted and how many pages of notes. Please specify if this applies to every exam administered or if certain materials are allowed only on certain exam dates.
- Where it says, “Please list all exam dates,” enter each currently scheduled exam date for the class. Please note, the Testing Agreement cannot be changed once submitted, so if the dates of the exams may change throughout the semester, please note as such.
- Under “Exam Types” enter the maximum length of time the students in class may receive for each type of exam. Again, as the Testing Agreement cannot be changed once submitted, it is important to enter all possibilities. The DPRC Testing Program can then shorten or remove a date as needed.
- Once complete, select the “Submit DPRC Testing Agreement“ button. You will receive an email confirmation once it has gone through.
After the Testing Agreement is submitted
- The DPRC will consult your Testing Agreement each time a student in this course schedules an exam. You will receive notification for each approved exam schedule. You may also review all currently scheduled exams in the Alternative Testing section of your myDPRC Faculty Portal.
- The DPRC will contact you to request the exam itself about a week before the exam. You may upload the exam through myDPRC by following the instructions below
Exam upload instructions
Please note: You can only upload exams after the student has submitted an exam request to test with the DPRC.
- Log in to your myDPRC Faculty Portal and navigate to the “Alternative Testing” link on the left.
- In the “Step 1 – Select Action” box, choose the first option “Upload File to Exams” in the drop-down menu.
- In the “Step 2 – Select from the Following Courses” box, check the box next to each student that should receive the exam you are uploading.
- In the “Step 3 – Confirmation” box, select “Confirm your Selections”.
- Now you will be able to upload the exam.
- To confirm your test has been successfully uploaded, go back to “Alternative Testing” on the left side. The “Step 2 – Select from the Following Courses” section will show “Exam Uploaded: 1” (or more if there are additional items). Click “View Detail” to view exam instructions and exam files.
- If a particular exam warrants a change from the instructions provided in the Alternative Testing Agreement, you can specify what is different by adding exam instructions.
- Choose “Specify Exam Instructions” from the drop-down menu in the “Step 1 – Select Action” box.
- Enter the new exam instructions and click “Submit Exam Instruction”.